Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Inconsistency

This is something that has been on my heart for a while now, a topic that I have wanted to confront for a while but wanted it to be the right time so I would have the right words. I believe I have also wrestled with this for longer than I have been aware of, and it has played a huge role in my life. With that said... Are you ever frustrated by inconsistencies you see in others, or even in yourself? Inconsistencies on the biggest scale possible, to the smallest. Inconsistencies you have dealt with from certain people your whole life, or situations that seem to show up in every season of your life, that seem to have affected your ability to trust. Or maybe it has been an issue just recently. I don't know about you, but the inconsistencies in this world are enough for me, let alone dealing with people and situations in my own life that portray such. Until recently, I never realized how much inconsistency in general bothered me. Or maybe my eyes just weren't open enough. I am very much an eb and flow type of person, who seeks to have a rhythm in every aspect of my life and a sense of direction. Two of my top five strengths are actually Consistency and Futuristic. Now don't get me wrong, I love to be spontaneous...but for the most part an idea of where I'm at and where I am going, as well as seeing it all as a whole is the ideal. When I can't figure something out, or someone it really bothers me and I tend to start analyzing all of it. Or when their actions aren't consistent, it really confuses me and honestly frustrates me (causing me to doubt). I guess it is the orderly, organizational person in me.Or the pure nature in me, one where actions are just as important as what comes out of your mouth. Consistency allows me to piece together someone little by little, or see where I am going in whatever aspect. But most importantly it allows me to gain a confidence and trust in that someone, something, or situation. I think I can speak for most everyone when I say that NO ONE likes inconsistency in their life in the form of struggles, hurt, and unexpected situations they are forced to deal with. And thinking back, I have prob dealt with more inconsistencies/change in my life than none...which may make sense as to why this means to much to me lol.

Jill Carattini (managing editor of A Slice of Infinity at Ravi Zacharias International Ministries in Atlanta, Georgia) put's it in perspective for us like this, "Who can argue that we are not a people torn with inconsistency, a world offering every material comfort, encouraging the pursuit of assurance in our overwhelming array of options, while behind our storage units, despair and depression refuse to be bought."

Wow, what do you say to that? Obviously, there are more deeper underlying issues that contribute to such actions, is what I get from it. It's not a secret that this world is full of inconsistencies ranging from the beliefs and moral ideals we the people have as whole. We see it predominantly as modern Liberalist today in the fact that every issue or moral obligation is relative to the situation itself and justified. There is no set foundation within our society for what we believe in or stand for as a whole. But that's another story for another day lol. As I was praying about this exact issue and why it goes straight to the core for me personally and makes it hard to trust that much more, God once again revealed himself through his word. I love it when He does that lol.

Psalm 33:11 says, "But the plans of the Lord stand FIRM FOREVER, the purposes of his heart through all generations." That's what I love about serving the one and only Jesus Christ. He IS consistent. God is completely trustworthy, and his intentions never change. He promises us good and perfect gifts that come from the creator who never changes. When you wonder if there is anyone in the world you can trust, remember that God is completely consistent. This world may never be that, but you can put your HOPE is something that is bigger than this world and ultimately has overcome it. Let Him counsel you, and trust in his plans for your life. That's what I put my hope in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket