Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strength of Purpose

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 NIV

This scripture revealed itself to me in a time in my life where I didn't know what or where to go. A time when I was broken and completely vulnerable. A time where I was battling losing my mom because of a terminal illness at the age of 17. And my father wasn't in the picture...

You see...STRENGTH is developed through difficulty. Sometimes God takes away things in our life and we don't have a choice but to depend on him. We may not see it at that point and time, but it serves a greater purpose. How amazing is it that we despise difficulties and run from obstacles, yet these difficulties are used to develop the fortitude and abilities in us that haven't been realized in our life.

It's been four years since I lost my mom, and I'm not going to say it's been easy, because it hasn't...it's been a journey. But looking back, I know that He was preparing me for something greater than myself. The strength I have gained through those trials and dependency on God is one that I wouldn't trade for the world. God has made a way and given back twice in return, and I have known a deeper love, relentless love. So three things you can take from this no matter what your situation or circumstance...

1. God's timing is PERFECT. We've all heard the saying "patience is a virtue". But this can be applicable in so many other ways. If you're waiting on that "big break", your future wife/husband, the loss of a loved one, or any other situation. Know that His will for you is perfect, and the sooner you stop comparing yourself to other people and their circumstances, the sooner you can move forward and know that it is to the glory of God to conceal a matter.

2. DEPENDENCY in God is the best habit you will ever develop. True dependency requires risk, risk requires trust and trust requires faith in Him. He will never let you down, so look beyond your current position.

3. God's LOVE is indescribable, thus I won't try and do it justice with mere words. Seek for yourself, and you will never want any other. But more than anything, dare to love like He loves...crazy love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket